Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Book Review- "Surrender the Heart" by Marylu Tyndall

Marianne Denton, a plain looking woman, is engaged to a Mr. Noah Brenin. When he walks out on their engagement party, and she follows him onto his ship, they ,later end up on a British Naval ship not long before the War of 1812. Will they escape, and perhaps find love? Will the prophecy of a young boy come true?
Some of what I liked:

A main character that was not described as being a completely and outwardly beautiful woman! It's was nice to read about a character that was not outwardly beautiful. Not that it is wrong to have beautiful characters, but when many stories have outwardly pretty ladies who have men fall in love with them, it might make one wonder if the man would have fallen for the lady if she had looked plain.

Not very likable:

Use of alcoholic beverages. This was also not my very favorite book by Marylu Tyndall. I have read the second book in the "Surrender to Destiny" series, but I think that I already know that I like Tyndall's "Charles Towne Belle" series better.

Not that this book was bad, because I do recommend it. It is just not my favorite book by Marylu Tyndall.

If you like stories that teach a lesson in trusting, are set on the ocean, and romantic, then you just might like this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment