
Margaret Macy is a high society woman in regency era England who flees a suitor and ends up finding herself as a maid in the home of two brothers. Two brothers that were also two of her former suitors. Will she get caught?
Some of the likable:
Clearly a story that has a regency era woman from high society that goes into hiding as a maid just sounds interesting.
She goes to work in the home of two former suitors, wears a wig, has to do manual labor... It really does have it's interesting moments.
You see Margaret grow in the book. In the beginning of the story she is not that great of a lady. However, by the end she is different. You can see her experience does change her. Kind of like the 2009 BBC "Emma." Emma was not not the most likable character at first, but she learned from her mistake...s.
There was also sword fighting and the sweet part about one of her suitors keeping something that belonged to her.
Not so likable:
Alcoholic drinking, and one of her former suitor's does not always behave himself with the best of conduct around ladies. There is also the unseemly conduct of Margaret's stepfather's nephew, which is why she runs away.
I cannot remember, but it seems the LORD's name was taken in vain. This is Christian fiction book, and I may have read it the wrong way. I am not sure, though.
I do recommend this book.
No comments:
Post a Comment